Celebrating Over 50 Years of Excellence
In 1957, the school opened its doors to 41 pupils wearing grey jumpers or pants and navy blue sweaters. The teachers also wore this uniform. Tuition was $25 a month. Now a proud member of the National Association of Episcopal Schools, CCDS also earned the highest 6 year accreditation term offered by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges in 1997, 2003 and 2010 and is awaiting news on the most recent 2016 self-study visitation.
Among the many changes over the years, the blue sweaters turned to red, but the heart of the school remained the same. Other changes have included the addition of 5th and 6th grades 28 years ago as well as specialty teachers for art, music, physical education, Spanish, spiritual nurture, and technology and the addition of junior kindergarten in 2009. The first computers were added in 1982. Today CCDS has computers in every classroom, a computer lab, and student laptops for 5th and 6th graders. In 2008, CCDS was proudly among the first schools in California to adopt Singapore Math. The new science lab opened on January 1st of 2012 and the campus underwent extensive renovations during the summer of 2013. CCDS continually looks to the future to ensure another 50 years of excellence.